Search This Blog

April 13, 2012

Edward P. Mangano Comments



Christian (Danbury Isles Fan):
 I was wondering if you/Nassau is concern about the recent articles stating that the Islanders could use the asbestos issue to get out of the lease? What is your plan to deal with the issue?

Ed Mangano:

 Christian,

I cannot discuss the specifics related to this issue since such an action on their part could lead to legal action but I will say, as I have said in the past, that the Islanders belong in Nassau County and that I will do everything in my power to keep them here. I was the first County Executive to get the Islanders, the Town of Hempstead, and the County on the same page and brought us the closest we have ever been to renovating the Hub with the August vote last year. On a weekly basis my administration works with numerous parties on a solution to the Coliseum issue. Again, many of these talks are confidential but I assure you we are working toward a solution and doing all we can to retain the NY Islanders and the economic benefit they provide our region.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment